Sunday, July 16, 2006

55 an no more

Yesterday I did Norman conquest! It's a bicycle ride in Norman that is 63 miles long. They promote the ride by saying conquer the hills and the heat. Well it is true to it's name, one of the hilliest rides I've ever ridden in 100 degree heat is not neccasarily the best way to spend a saturday morning. I was riding with two other guys and got to mile 55 and just died. I had to wait for the sag wagon to come along and pick me up. I failed to do the most importantly thing when riding endurance races....eat and hydrate. So at about mile 45 I was done, but I thought I could finish, well at 55 I was totally spent! It's humilating having to stop but you have to do what you have to do. Our next long ride is Hotter than Hell down in Witchita Falls where we are trying to ride 100 miles. So we will see if I finish it or not, I know one thing for sure, I will be eating and drinking plenty this ride!

No comments: