Sunday, November 13, 2005

Question

Ever wonder why Jesus told stories that people couldn't understand. I was reading in Mark this morning and this passage really makes me wonder.

"You are permitted to understand the secret about the kingdom of God. But I am using these stories to conceal everything about it from outsiders, "

I just don't' get that. Jesus plans of outreach tell stories that confuse and make people say what are you talking about! You would think He would tell stories that people would understand and point them to God, instead of telling stories that people go "what the hell"!

So if you got any thoughts let me know.

1 comment:

Kevin said...

I have been reading mark as of late and I see Jesus doing a lot of things to push people away or just plain tick them off.

He told healed demoniacs not to tell who He was.

He said, "who is my mother, brother."

He destroyed a local towns economy by making a herd of pigs commit hari kari.

Wouldn't it be nice if we knew why. Maybe he was getting rid of those who weren't going to be committed. Maybe it was Jesus' way ensuring His path to the cross (sort of his own Kamikaze flight). Maybe it was to piss people off who wanted to be in the know for the wrong reasons. Those are just a few of my thoughts.