Thursday, November 17, 2005

It's snowing


I'm looking at the window and it's snowing awfully hard. We were about to go for a walk, but being wimpy Oklahoma boys I don't think we are going to make it. I feel like I've been sitting on my but all week and listening to people tell me what to do in order to do my job effectively.

Two things come to mind....my butt hurts and sometimes you just have to say this is what I can do, and these are the things I can't do. It's easy to go to conferences or trainings and walk away feeling like you really suck at your job. One of the guys talking used an illustration about spinnig plates and then he gave us the plates that we are required to spin as YL area directors. He gave us ten plates and they didn't include, family, friends, health or anything like that, those are all extra plates. Then he made the committ that healthy minstry is 70% plate spinning, so at any one time at least 3 or more of your plates are in serious need of help.

Ever feel like you can't accomplish all you need to accomplish, well just remember that it's okay for some of them to be in serious need of help. This thought was both encouraging and depressing to me at the same time. So to all my fellow plate spinners, SPIN WELL and learn how to scan well.

1 comment:

Kevin said...

I thought of you here at YS because I saw the Ugly Mug Coffee. Thanks for being a great influence in my life!

Kev